Things to do
Top 10 Things to Do in the Area
- Mid Wales offers a tranquility that is hard to imagine. Why not sit and enjoy watching the beautiful scenery, bring your pencils and draw/paint the local landscape.
- Take a long or short walk into the hills or for those who wish to be more adventurous, hire a mountain bike or go pony trekking.
- There are also 3 excellent golf courses; Cradoc at Brecon, Builth Wells and the challenging hills of Llandrindod Wells golf course.
- Tour the local area, drive into the mountains and explore the Llyn Brianne or Elan Valley Dams with local Hostelries on route.
- Get away from high street shopping, experience the boutiques and the shops of local market towns.
- Visit ruined castles for example Carreg Cennen near Trap, Dinefwr Castle near Llandeillo or Powis Castle near Welshpool.
- Experience traditional Welsh town and village shows (like we used to have in England!) and watch Harness Horse Racing after.
- Visit RSPB sites and Red Kite Feeding Centre, near Rhayader.
- If you like gardens, visit Aberglasney lost gardens and the Botanical Gardens of Wales.
- Experience going underground with gold, silver and lead mines at Brecon Show Caves.
Whatever the reason for your visit we aim to exceed your expectations and hope you return again.