Much of our produce is local and organically sourced
Active recycling of all waste
Discount for using public transportOur Environmental Policy...
Lasswade Country House
Station Road, Llanwrtyd Wells
Powys, LD5 4RW. Wales
Roger and Emma Stevens, are owners of the Lasswade Country House and Restaurant.† The business provides accommodation of 8 rooms, restaurant with 20 covers, also open to non-residents and beverages, to the general public for tourism and business.† In an effort to minimise the effects to the environment, they have committed to a policy of sound and responsible environmental management, leading to a sustainable use of resources and optimal management of waste.
Therefore, the Lasswade undertakes that it will:
- ensure that all employees are aware of this policy and they are advised of the effects of their activities and the benefits of improved environmental performance;
- display this policy statement in a prominent position within the Hotel;
- make this policy statement available to all interested parties on request;
- comply with all applicable environmental legislation as a minimum standard;
- Continue to enhance the recycling of waste products† where necessary
- promote the principle of ësustainable developmentí whereby the needs of the business will not compromise the abilities of future generations
- adopt a policy of ëgreen procurementí, taking environmental factors into account on most purchasing and supplier contracts;
- provide organic produce where available and never knowingly use genetically modified ingredients or products;
- We are committed to preventing pollution
- take all measures that are reasonably practicable to:
- reduce waste at source; re-use waste components, recycle goods from source or outside to benefit the community.
- dispose of final wastes by the most environmentally suitable means;
- adopt the practice of responsible energy management through reduced consumption and the encouragement of energy efficiency throughout the organisation.† Improving targets as to our use of energy i.e. Gas and Electricity.
- reduce our carbon foot print wherever possible i.e. Using the Train instead of the Car to deliver goods.
- encourage the use of public transport and the provide facilities for the disabled, pedestrians and cyclists.
- aim for continuous improvement.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually to ensure that it remains applicable to the activities of the Company and any agreements made between the Company and its customers.