Much of our produce is local and organically sourced
Active recycling of all waste
Discount for using public transportOur Environmental Policy...
Lasswade Country House
Station Road, Llanwrtyd Wells
Powys, LD5 4RW. Wales
- Lasswade Country House Hotel and Restaurant is an Edwardian three-storey building, built in the early 1900s.
- From the outset, we were assisted by Brecnoc Access Group, who made a site visit and advised us on the following:
- The Drawing Room, Restaurant and Reception are on the Ground level with a 6 inch step into Conservatory at rear of building.
- The Building is floodlit from dusk until 11.30pm and reflected light illuminates the Front Car Park.† Including designated Parking space.† All of which is on the same level as the Entrance Porch and subsequent access to Ground Floors.
- All Fire Alarms are Audio able to 75 Decibels at Bed head as per National requirements.† Any one of Hard of Hearing will be noted in Registration details which are used for Evacuation of the Building.
- Should an enquiry be received by Telephone or in Person, requiring full Disabled facilities then, a referral will be made to a provider with Ground Floor access and full facilities.
- Lasswade Country House Hotel has off-road parking for six cars.
- Dedicated allocation for Disabled users.† This is located to the right of the Car Park adjacent to Hotel entrance.
- Access to the front Porch/Entrance is via a level Tarmac path.† Doors being of 800mm minimum width.
- Public Pay Phone facility in the Porch Entrance with hard of hearing facility and instructions in five Languages, at Wheelchair users height.† With additional seating provided
RECEPTION & STAIR ACCESS
- Reception Desk is Wheelchair Height, enabling registration to be made from Chair if required.
- There is good room for Wheelchair access
- Any Visually Impaired Guest will be verbally advised of the bottom step of the Stairs and assistance given if required.
- Leading off Reception, access Door a min. of 80cm with a 2cm Step.
- Room is of considerable proportions allowing Wheel Chairs to be used
- Wheelchair access to the Restaurant is good.† Door widths being 80cm
- The Menu can be printed on Yellow with Black writing, to assist with any visual impairment or Spoken if desired.
- Ladies and Gents are located on the first Floor.
- After being assessed by Brecknoc Access Group, they agreed that due to the design and age of the Building, it was not possible to locate Toilets facilities at Ground level.
- We advise by Telephone and on our Website or in Person that full assistance can be given, by able bodied persons to the first floor with the aid of a wide staircase and a good banister Handrail.
- There is no Lift or Chair Lift facility for access to Public Toilets
- All Bedrooms are accessed via a single gentle Staircase with a good Stair Rail and wide, deep Stairs.†† There is also a landing break and no long Corridors for access to Bedrooms.
- All Bedrooms are light, spacious and En-suite and the majority are generous with space.
- Fire instructions in the Rooms are printed on Yellow and Black to assist with any visual impairment.
- GREEN Room has a very low Bath with good grip handles.
- Power Plugs are at waist level (so people do not need to bend down to floor to
- plug in appliances).† This is very suitable room for persons of advanced age
- All Baths are fitted with Anti Slip devices.† However, an extra Non Slip Mat can be provided upon request.
- Green Room Bath is fitted each side with grip handles
- Green Room Bath is low sided therefore suitable for persons of advanced age
- Temporary Hand Rail grips have been purchased for the en-suites.† These are available upon request of the Guest
We will endeavour to place all persons with a Medical condition or access restriction on First floor.† This will depend on availability.